Slides for "Linked Data, Easy as 1, 2, 3," Singapore, 2013. (PDFs, in zip file)
Think "Different" (PDF) DC2012 (Kuching) and Emtacl12. This is a write-up of my talk, not just slides, since the slides themselves don't include the text of the talk.
Kuching, Malaysia, tutorial slides as handouts in PDF
ALA Webinar: Libraries and Linked Data; looking to the future.
- Things and strings
- After MARC
- Tools for linked data development
NISO Webinar: Taking Library Data from Here to There February, 2012. In particular, see the Questions and Answers from the session.
From here to there: Library linked data. ALA Midwinter, Dallas, 2012. (PDF)
On the Web, of the Web, keynote given at LITA 2011, October 1.
Presentations from ALA 2011 in New Orleans
- Things and Strings (PPTX PDF) presentation to CCS, Friday, June 24
- Will RDA Kill MARC? (PPTX PDF) presentation to MARC Formats Interest Group, June 25
- Authorities as Things (PPTX PDF) presentation to Authorities Interest Group, June 26
ASIST Webinar: Library Linked Data, Part I: Introduction to the Semantic Web (Mar. 8, 2011)
ASIST Webinar:Library Linked Data, Part II: Tools and Techniques (as an HTML document) (Mar. 15, 2011)
Bibliographic Data: A New Context. January 28/29, Kunnskapsorganisasjonsdagene 2011, Oslo, Norway. (PDF)
- Linked Data & Libraries. December, 2010. Online 2010, London. (PPTX)
- Yes we can! Libraries and the Semantic Web. November, 2010. Semantic Web in Bibliotheken, Koln, Germany (PPT)
- New Models of Metadata. October, 2010 ALA TechSource Webinar. (PPTX)
- Semantic Web & Libraries. July, 2010, AALL Conference (PDF)
- Linked Data and Libraries. June, 2010, ALA Pre-Conference on Linked Data (PDF)
- The book. Urban Libraries Council, January, 2010 (PDF)
- What is the book when it is in digital format? Includes a description of digital rights management technologies and the possible effects of the Google Book Search product on libraries.
- Nuove direzioni in metadata. May, 2010, (MOV)
- Webcast created for a meeting of the libraries of the Provincia di Treviso.
- Metadata is a Plural Noun. 2009, NETSL
- "Libraries have operated for over 150 years with a very singular view of bibliographic metadata: the catalog record. In a new world of interactive, networked information, the catalog record can no longer stand apart if it is to serve information users. The focus must move from the record to the data itself, and to the many contexts where bibliographic data elements must be designed to interact with the online information universe."